MRG Foundation is seeking one woman writer/performer of original theatrical work who lives in Oregon to perform at MRG’s Justice within Reach fundraising party in Portland, Oregon on Friday, May 15, 2015. The selected artist will receive an award of $2,500.
Justice within Reach is MRG’s annual fundraising party where over 500 people from across Oregon’s progressive movement come together for an evening of inspiration and joy and to provide monetary support for MRG Foundation’s cutting edge social change work. The selected artist will work closely with MRG to create an inspiring experience for all the people at the event. See the full Call for Artists here and the application to perform here.
Who Should Apply
Funding for this award is made possible by MRG’s Lilla Jewel Fund for Women Artists. Lilla Jewel was an artist, a mother, a radical and a suffragist. The Lilla Jewel Fund for Women Artists at MRG promotes the work of women artists, particularly women of color and queer women. In order to be selected for this performance opportunity, an applicant must:
- Identify as a woman (including trans women)
- Live in Oregon
- Have excellent theatrical and performance skills
- Be able to work collaboratively with MRG staff and volunteers to create an event that will inspire MRG’s audience
- Perform work that addresses progressive social, racial, economic and/or environmental justice issues
- Have demonstrated success as a writer/performer of original theatrical work and experience performing in front of a larger (200+) audience
MRG prioritizes supporting women artists who are of color or identify as LBTQ.
How to Apply
- Step 1: Be sure to read the full Call for Artists before submitting your application.
- Step 2: You can download the application here.
- Step 3: Mail your application to MRG Foundation, 1231 SE Morrison, Suite A, Portland, OR 97214. Applications must be received or postmarked by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 5, 2015. Late applications will not be accepted.
For more information on the event space, click here for the venue floor plan.
The chosen artist will receive $2,500. An additional $300 is available for additional performers or expenses. Please review the full Call for Artists for contract and compensation details.
For any questions, please contact Lisa Dawson 503-289-1517 or firstname.lastname@example.org