GENERAL FUND GRANTS
Applications for the Fall 2019 General Fund Grants are now open!
Download the application materials here:
- Grant Application Guide (PDF) — please read the guide before completing the application form!
- Grant Application Form here as a fillable PDF (preferred format) or here in Word
- Action Plan Worksheet Instructions (PDF)
- Action Plan Worksheet (Word)
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
If you are mailing your materials, please make sure they are postmarked by the due date.
If you need materials in other formats, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call
503-289-1517, ext. 3 and we’d be happy to send them to you.
RESPONSIVE GRANTS PROGRAM
Overview & Types of Grants
Our Responsive grants program is designed to provide grassroots organizations and community organizing groups and projects with small grants to respond to emergencies and opportunities. Responsive grants can be:
- Micro Grants: granted for general operating costs associated with grassroots organizing.
- Critical Response Grants: granted for community organizing in response to an unexpected crisis or opportunity.
- Travel Grants: limited to rural organizations seeking travel assistance.
Responsive grants can be used for operating costs, capacity building costs or project-related costs.
In order to be eligible, organizations must:
- Have a budget of under $500,000 (no exceptions) and otherwise meet MRG’s eligibility requirements, and
- Demonstrate strong alignment with MRG’s grantmaking approach, and
- Not have received MRG Responsive grant funding in the same fiscal year. (MRG’s fiscal year is July 1-June 30.)
Organizations may apply for Responsive grant funding on a rolling basis provided that funds are available. MRG replenishes the Responsive grant funding each fiscal year on July 1.
To the extent possible, we try to make Responsive grant funding available quickly, but we encourage groups to plan ahead and apply for funds at least two weeks before they need the funds.
Maximum amounts apply as follows:
- Micro Grants: $3,000
- Critical Response Grants: $2,000
- Travel Grants: $1,000
How to Apply for Responsive Grants
To apply for Responsive Grants, please download our application, fill it out, and submit it—alongside the required additional documents (which are listed in the application)—to MRG Foundation.
To request a printed application packet, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 503-289-1517, ext. 3.
Once completed, you can send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail to:
P.O. Box 12489
Portland, OR 97212