About the Position:
We are looking for a part-time, experienced and collaborative Office Administrator to join our team. Our ideal candidate will effectively combine a strong racial justice analysis with sound technical and organizational operations experience. MRG’s Office Administrator will also be enthusiastic about the power of social justice philanthropy and inspired by MRG’s vision for a just and joyful world.
Wage and Benefits
Position classification: non-exempt, part-time (30 hours per week), includes occasional evening and weekend work
Hourly wage: $17 to $20/hour, depending on experience
Benefits: medical, dental, vacation, health leave, holidays
Summary of Responsibilities
Database Management (60%): Ensure MRG Foundation’s database and email list is accurate and up-to-date and create data reports as needed.
- Enter donations into the database and perform mail merges to produce thank you letters
- Pull mailing list and data reports as needed
- Manage our MailChimp email list and integration with our database
- Coordinate mailings including list building and segmenting
- Maintain digital and written recordkeeping for grants and produce needed reports
Program and Event Support (30%): Provide needed support at MRG’s events and organizational meetings.
- Provide support for meetings and events, including outreach, logistics, materials, registration, securing meeting space, purchasing food, photography, data entry, and follow-up
- Assist with workplace giving campaigns such as attending meetings, staffing information tables, filling out applications and maintaining records
- Proofread and edit communication materials
- Assist with posts to social media – organizational website, Facebook, Twitter
Office and Equipment Coordination (5%): Support the efficient operation of the organizational office.
- Assist with answering phones and getting mail
- Coordinate the purchase of all office supplies, furniture, and equipment as directed
- Assist with the maintenance and troubleshooting problems of computers and other office equipment
- Maintain office appearance and upkeep
Other Tasks and Projects (5%):
- As needed, assist the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Operations on specific tasks and projects.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2-year office administration experience
- Proven track record and experience with data entry and data management (CiviCRM or another database program).
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, meet project deadlines and attention to detail.
- Exceptional computer skills and aptitude (MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, WordPress).
- Ability to work closely and effectively with people from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Availability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and to travel within the state.
- Experience with not-for-profits/social good organizations and community-based activism/organizing strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter addressing the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and interest in MRG’s mission and vision.
Email applications to email@example.com
The position will remain open until filled. December 7th is the preferred deadline for consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At MRG, we believe we can meet the organization’s mission only with a diverse board and staff who actively cultivate a culture of equity and inclusion. We encourage people from under-represented communities to apply.